My philosophy

A lot of my approach to pregnancy, birth and postpartum is based on my Lamaze® training. What I value most is the ability for women to make informed and empowered choices in childbirth. I advocate for a non-judgemental, respectful and compassionate support for birthing women, whatever the choices they make may be. What works for some may not for others. Each birthing woman is unique and her experience is special. 

I feel very priviledged to be able to support women and their families on their incredible journeys.

 

The Lamaze® philosophy of Birth:


❧ Birth is normal, natural, and healthy.
❧ The experience of birth profoundly affects women and their families.
❧ Women's inner wisdom guides them through birth.
❧ Women’s confidence and ability to give birth are either enhanced or diminished by the care provider and place of birth.
❧ Women have a right to give birth free from routine medical intervention.
❧ Birth can safely take place in homes, birth centers, and hospitals.
❧ Childbirth education empowers women to make informed choices in health care, to assume
responsibility for their health, and to trust their inner wisdom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment